How do you reach new readers, subscribers, buyers, or customers?
Think about it – the people visiting your website, following you on Twitter, or subscribing to your blog already know you. They’re familiar with your brand, your products or services, and what you have to say. Those aren’t the people you’re trying to attract. Instead, you need to get your story out there in multiple formats and and through as many channels as possible so that people who don’t know you can find you.
In addition to driving traffic to your own website via search, your email list, social media, advertising, etc. you could take your content (or a variation of it) and:
- Create a Slideshare presentation
- Publish a podcast on iTunes
- Build a photo gallery showcasing your products on Pinterest or Instagram
- Shoot videos and post them on YouTube
- Create a Periscope
- Write guest blog posts
- Comment on other blogs
- Join or start a Facebook or LinkedIn group in your area of expertise
- Start or participate in a Twitter chat or Google+ hangout
And that’s just scratching the surface. Each and every time you decentralize your content, you make it findable by people who don’t know you yet, and that’s how you drive your business forward – not by preaching to the choir.